Friday 28 October 2011

Another missed deadline and a nice surprise...

Between ongoing show preparation and entertaining guests I haven't been able to make anything for this months Art Bead Scene challenge, which is a shame because I bought some lovely ceramic beads and had in mind to combine them with some bronze clay charms to make a bracelet. Alas - not to be this month.

But when I had a quick catch up with online happenings over coffee this morning, I was delighted to see this lovely creation from virtual beady pal Cilla Watkins pop-up:


Not only is it  lovely interpretation of the inspiration piece but Cilla has also used one of my bronze clay charms to great effect. I love it and I don't feel so bad about not getting anything in myself now. I really like the autumnal feel of this painting so once I have a bit more time I might make mine anyway.


You can find out more about Cilla's design process on her blog.

Have a great weekend all.

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Cilla's bracelet is so sweet! I love all the components she used.

    I've tried to make something for ever ABS monthly challenge, but seldom does it happen. There's always next month. And as you said, you can still make a piece even though the month is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lesley!
    I do love your bronze charm. It is so great on its own too. Looks like I didn't make the blog hop on this one so it was so nice to see it featured on your blog!
    Thanks again!
    Cilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, just like you I wanted to participate in this month's ABS challenge, but I did not receive everything I ordered in time and I was out of town on the deadline anyway, but I'm still going to make what I intended to make. The little bronze acorn charm is so cute!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...