Thursday 22 September 2011

Soup's still bubbling away...

Well it's Friday tomorrow which means it's almost a week since the Bead Soup Blog Party and I'm still feasting on the wonderful dishes that were served up. I spent a lot of last weekend hopping and although I've had to step back this week I fully intend to complete the task this coming weekend.

Julie Nordines design with my focal
In my opinion the whole thing has been a resounding  success, largely due to the efforts of the indefatigable  Lori Anderson...I'm sure if I'd been running it there would be bodies strewn in my wake!!

This was my first BSBP and I've been delighted by the exceptional standard of workmanship and the level and variety of creativity I've seen. It's also been hugely inspirational for me to see a little of other peoples creative processes. There are lots of ideas, not designs or anything like that, but little bits pieces here and there that I've made a note of and will be trying out for myself - so thanks to everyone who supplied those!

I'd also like to give a big shout out for Julie my bead soup partner for the amazing job she did with the beads I sent her. I felt so proud to see something I'd made used in such a creative way - she did stunning job and as for that 90 inches of lariat...I think she should get an award for bead endurance!

And all it's glorious 90"!
But now it's time to think about the next Bead Soup Blog Party in 2012. This time it will be run on a lottery basis so there's no guarantee of a spot but, I for one will getting my name down and keeping my fingers crossed...that should make for interesting beading!



To find out more about it just hop over to Lori's blog

In the meantime you can find my Bead Soup creations here.

Bye for now.

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Yep Julie did a fantastic job with the mix you sent to her Lesley. I will also be in the running for a spot in the next BSBP!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a gorgeous focal! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Leslie, thanks for stopping by and sorry to be so late - unfortunately we had no internet during our vacation.

    xxox Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...